Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One Year with my Princess on Brigadoon

My princess moved onto a boat with me one year ago.

I call her my princess as our little joke because, in very many ways, she is very comfort oriented. She is not into camping, hiking, etc.

Yet, one year ago, we closed on Brigadoon.

A few days later, we spent out first night aboard.

Posted Image


All I had to do was figure out how to keep things comfy and cozy.

Posted Image


Since then, Brigadoon has been our only home. Kerry has taken sailing lessons on her own and learned to pilot Brigadoon.  She's darn good at it too.  Best first mate evah!

Posted Image

She's helped me work on systems, upgrade the upholstery (it comes this week, we think) and order new sails. She has been through a few challenging things, here and there but, for a princess, she's pretty damn happy on this boat.

And, it makes a great prop for Halloween.  May I introduce Granwel O'Malley, the pirate queen of Ireland.

Posted Image


I couldn't be more fortunate or more happy.

Life does not suck on a boat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment